Adam J. McNeile
Adam McNeile is a managing partner at the law firm of Kemnitzer, Barron & Krieg, LLP. Adam has experience litigating a wide variety of consumer protection actions, representing hundreds of individual consumers in their fight for justice against large corporations. His practice focuses on automotive issues, including the lemon law, auto fraud, illegal post-repossession practices, deceptive motorcycle finance schemes, elder abuse, and civil rights violations.
Adam has been appointed lead counsel in dozens of class actions in both state and federal court. Adam has been class counsel in cases that have wiped out hundreds of millions of dollars in debt for California consumers. Adam also has broad experience litigating cases in arbitration, including trying cases in arbitral fora.
Prior to joining Kemnitzer, Barron & Krieg, Adam was an associate attorney at Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton, where he focused on bankruptcy litigation.
Adam is a member of the National Consumer Law Center (NCLC) and the National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA).
J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 2011
Executive Editor, Berkeley Technology Law Journal
University of Kansas, School of Law, 2009
Ranked #1 in class prior to transferring
B.A., with Honors, University of Southern California, 2008
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States District Court, Northern District of California
United States District Court, Southern District of California
United States District Court, Eastern District of California
United States District Court, Central District of California
- 2022 NACA Spring Training Co-Chair
- 2021 USC Gould School of Law Guest Lecture, Rees-Levering Automobile Sales Finance Act
- 2021 NACA Spring Training, Lifecycle of an Auto Fraud Case
- Editor, NCLC Consumer Warranty Law Treatise, 2020 ed.
- 2020 NCLC Consumer Rights Litigation Conference, Intro to Dealer Fraud
- 2020 NACA Spring Training, Dealer Add-Ons Litigation
- 2020 Berkeley Law Lecture, Running Your Own Law Firm
- Law360, April 21, 2020, "California Auto Defect Law Makes the Roads Safer for Everyone"
- 2020 Housing and Economic Rights Advocates, MCLE training on the Rees-Levering Automobile Sales Finance Act
- 2019 Public Law Center, MCLE training on the Rees-Levering Automobile Sales Finance Act
- 2019 Bay Area Legal Aid, MCLE training on the Rees-Levering Automobile Sales Finance Act
- 2018 NACA Auto Fraud Conference, Formal Discovery in Auto Fraud Cases
- 2017 Guest Lecturer at UC Hastings Law School Consumer Law Seminar
- 2015 Bay Area Legal Aid MCLE Negotiation Training